The Adventure Starts Here: A Day in the Life

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Day in the Life

While no two days are exactly alike, I have found some trends in our schedule.  Here's what our day looked like yesterday.

Noah woke up at 6 am, got a fresh diaper and a bottle.

Noah played on his own while I enjoyed some Frosted Mini Wheats.  At 8:30, while I prepared Noah's breakfast, he played with his new high chair toy.  Today was the first time he grabbed it and spun it around.    This morning he had Oatmeal and Peaches :)

After giving him some time to digest, I gave Noah his bath.

After he was dried off and dressed, I gave Noah a bottle and he fell asleep drinking it.  Today he had a nice long nap from 9:15 to 11:30.  If we were going out this afternoon, this is when I would have showered and blow dried my hair.  But since we were just staying in (and Noah had woken up at 3:45 am and 5:15 am before getting up for good), I decided to take advantage of his nap and go back to sleep for a little while.  

At 12:30 I fed Noah his yummy lunch of sweet potatoes and pears.  He loves his lunches and gobbles his fruits and veggies down so quickly!

Then I was able to eat my lunch too.  Today just happens to be a healthier lunch, but most days it's frozen macaroni and cheese :)

After lunch we did a lot of playing.  We spent some time grabbing animals on his play mat.  

Then it was time for the jumperoo.  We just set it up on Sunday, and so far he really seems to enjoy it.  You can see the laundry baskets in the background... I am constantly doing laundry!

I got an email that we had a package waiting in the office, so Noah and I took the walk downstairs, but unfortunately they weren't there.  What bad luck we have!

The timing of Noah's afternoon naps is unpredictable, so we play until Noah gets like this... that's how I know he needs to nap

I glided Noah to sleep, put him in his crib...

but it only lasted 15-20 minutes.  So we were back to playing and then had an afternoon snack.  Today we tried Banana Yogurt Blends for the first time.

Noah still wasn't ready to nap, so we had some kissing and snuggling time on the couch.  

At 5 pm, Noah still hadn't had a real afternoon nap.  Sure, he had fallen asleep while gliding with me, but then he would wake up as soon as I put him in his crib.  Good news is he was in a happy enough mood.  

We had pork chops (a la Shake and Bake) with baked potatoes and corn for dinner, so at 5:30 I preheated the oven and got the potatoes in.

Chris got home from work at 6:30 (as he does every night) and immediately wanted to spend time with Noah.  Since  Noah had an afternoon snack, he ate dinner a little later than usual.  Chris was so happy to get to feed Noah his carrots and rice.  

Noah was happy and full, so he sat in his chair while we ate dinner.  After dinner, Chris played with Noah in his jumperoo.  

  I guess the jumperoo (and no real afternoon nap) really tired Noah out, because he fell asleep while drinking his bottle with Chris at 7:30.  

Chris and I then watched some TV until 9:30, when I went to bed.  Chris stayed up later (as he always does).

So there you have it.  Tomorrow we will do it all over again :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of him with the high chair toy, such concentration! Amazing how full the days are with little ones, isn't it?


Blogging tips