Happy December! It's up for debate whether the holiday season started as soon as Thanksgiving dinner was over or if it's today, December 1st. I'll let you guys decide :) Since this month has enough going on, I decided not to set 5 goals for myself for the month of December. I figure I will be busy enough getting ready for Christmas and doing all of our Christmas Countdowns/Advents. So my main goal is to just enjoy the holiday season, avoid stressing out, and hopefully not get sick ;) Here's a recap on how I did with my November Goals...
photo by Kristen Boylan Photography
Go through Noah's clothes and toys
I donated a lot of Noah's "baby" toys to his preschool. They have a baby-sitting room and will take basically anything other than stuffed animals. I did go through a lot of Noah's clothes, but haven't donated them yet. I have a box I'd love to send to a friend of ours that has a boy one year younger, but I haven't packaged it up yet. I have a feeling this will be an ongoing project for the new year.
Make a birthday slideshow for my niece
Done and everyone loved it :)
Photograph my daily outfits
I missed a few random days, but in general I think it really helped. While my outfits remained to be comfortable and practical for my lifestyle, the thought of taking and posting a picture of my outfit reminded me to actually get dressed in the morning and put more thought into what I chose.
Go on a date with Chris
Done :) This almost didn't happen since Chris wasn't feeling 100% the night we had planned to go, but we persevered and had a great time.
Start planning for Christmas
I consider this goal met. I planned out our advent calendar and other Christmas countdowns. I made a list of all the gifts we need to buy and even purchased and wrapped a few of them. I still have more to do, but at least I have a plan that just needs to be executed :)
While I don't have any new goals to share with you this month, I do have 7 random facts about me :) Why you may ask? Because two of my favorite bloggers (Whitney and Crystal), turned friends, nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I personally love reading posts like this where I can learn new random factoids about my blogging friends, and I hope you do to :)
The rules of accepting this award are simple -- a) thank the person who nominated you b) link back to their blog c) share 7 facts about yourself and d) nominate up to 15 other bloggers.
1. I was born in England, lived in Canada until I was in kindergarten, and moved to the US when I was 6. We lived in Delaware for 4 years and then moved to New Jersey, where I've lived ever since. Since we moved quite a bit as a child, it still surprises me that I've lived in one state (and town) for over 20 years now.
2. I am not a good sleeper and never have been. I'm such a scaredy cat that I don't like the dark and any little noise freaks me out. While I never had them as a young child (when they normally present), I had night terrors throughout high school and college and even a few random episodes as an adult (when stress is high). I've also been known to sleep walk and almost walked out the front door as a teenager. While Noah isn't the best sleeper (he prefers co-sleeping), I will consider myself lucky if he doesn't inherit my sleeping issues.
3. Being a mom is the only thing I've ever really wanted in life. But if that wasn't my dream, I would spend my time and money traveling the world. I know that having children doesn't make this impossible, but it would be easier to do without the added responsibility and more money ;)
4. I went to school to become an accountant, worked as an auditor for 6 years, and even got my CPA license. While my career was all business, I've always had a passion for a more creative outlet. Hence why I started the blog and have been working on my photography. I also love to decorate interior spaces, especially around the holidays.
5. I am addicted to crime shows. While I don't like things that are too scary, I love trying to solve the cases right along with them. My current favorites are Castle, Elementary, Minority Report, and Blindspot.
6. I used to be a paper and pen person. I had a pretty planner in college that I kept everything in. Now I rely completely on my iPhone. I put everything into my calendar and my notes. Sometimes I worry I rely too much on technology, but honestly it's one of the few things I always have on me.
7. If I could only eat one type of food at every meal, it would easily be cheese. I love it and honestly wouldn't mind eating it any time of the day. And apparently Noah has inherited this same love ;)
And now for my nominations:
Liz @ Chasin' Mason
Laura @ Happily Ever Parker
Jess @ Sadie Sky Blog
Tawnya @ All of Life's Little Adventures
Sara @ Running from the Law
Erin @ Hello Erin
Julie @ The Girl in the Red Shoes
Laura @ Tiny Toes, Little Nose
Megan @ Willow Way